This course is also open to people without the required Level 2 qualifications, who want to gain kettlebell experience and knowledge. You can participate in this course but would not be put forward for any certification.
- A suitable Level 2 Fitness Instructing qualification e.g. Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
- Some experience of kettlebell training is useful
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary
- There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and Learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2
- Adults (aged 16+) wishing to pursue a career in the health and fitness sector as a kettlebell instructor
- To train learners, who already have knowledge and skills in fitness instruction, to a professionally competent level to plan and deliver safe and effective kettlebell exercises and training sessions
- To broaden the skills of fitness instructors to include instructing kettlebell sessions
- To provide learners with the knowledge to be able to understand the principles of kettlebell instruction
- To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to instruct kettlebell classes
You will learn:
The history of kettlebells; How to use them; The benefits to the user; Safety considerations;
Contraindicated conditions; How to plan a kettlebell session
You will be assessed:
Preparing for a kettlebell session; demonstrating, coaching and providing alternatives, if needed;
During the course, delivering specific kettlebell exercises; by completing a self-evaluation form that will be marked.
£125 – This covers the full instructor qualification.
£95 – This cost is for those who would like to take the course for the experience only and does not cover the qualification.