Treat Your Valentine: but don’t compromise your waistline for love!
Easy, healthy, low-carb pudding to treat your Valentine!
We all love chocolate. Especially for Valentine’s Day (because, let’s be honest, it’s a cracking excuse to indulge!) Perhaps you want to treat your Valentine (and yourself) this February without the added waistline bulge? Look no further! We have the perfect chocolate pud without the hidden calories.
Some of the ingredients may look a bit new to you. Don’t fear! We have found where you can get hold of them and at a great price, too. Not only that, but stocking up on healthier ingredients could improve your diet in other areas (especially if you do a lot of baking, try using more naturally healthy sugar alternatives!). Basically, if you have the ingredients in, you can afford to make the pudding again and we know you’ll want to!
To read more about the benefits of sugar alternatives, such as coconut sugar, take a look here.
- 2 large Eggs, separated
- 60ml Double Cream
- 2 tbsp Coconut Sugar (get yours here!)
- 1 tbsp good quality Cocoa, unsweetened
- 120g Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil, melted (get yours here!)
- 100g 0% Total Greek Yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 170c (150 fan), 325f, Gas Mark 3. Grease an oven proof dish with a little melted coconut oil.
- In a large bowl mix together the egg yolks, cream & sugar until smooth. Beat in the almond flour & baking powder again until smooth.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg white until they form soft white peaks.
- In the large mixing bowl stir in the cocoa. Then use a metal spoon to fold in the egg whites one spoon at a time and pop the mixture into the baking dish.
- Cover the baking dish with tin foil. Bake for 20 mins. Uncover & bake for a further 10-15 mins until springy to touch. Serve warm with Greek yoghurt
Breakdown per portion:
- Protein: 8.3g
- Fat: 19.8g
- Carbs: 6g
- Energy: 235.4 Kcal
We’re sure you’d love to treat your Valentine, but why not your family, too?
Get ready to take your diet seriously and contact us to discuss how we can get you and your family nutritionally fit in 2015! At Train Together we love food and we think you should to. It’s all about making smart choices and knowing how to use the right ingredients to make delicious meals which are never compromised on taste. We have a huge variety of dishes ready to share with you, from quick and easy 10 minute meals to dishes the kids will love.